No, really. It sucks.
1. Thrillist has recently ranked the 20 best skylines from cities around the world… and Sydney has been named number one.
Flickr: nickwu78 / Via Creative Commons
2. Seriously… someone decided that this sparse skyline is better than New York City, Dubai, Shanghai and Chicago.
Flickr: jiaren / Via Creative Commons
4. Sure, it looks super beautiful when you look at it from the water, in silhouette, preferably with a picturesque sunset behind it.
Flickr: wordridden / Via Creative Commons
5. But when you get up close, Sydney is just a (not so) hot mess of ugly buildings.
Flickr: u07ch / Via Creative Commons
6. And it looks like everyone just plonked down their building with no discussion and no desire to make anything look alike.
Flickr: goosmurf / Via Creative Commons
7. Seriously, WE DON’T EVEN HAVE TALL BUILDINGS!
Flickr: treslola / Via Creative Commons
There is an actual LAW preventing buildings over 235 metres.
8. Some buildings are old, some are new, but literally NONE OF THEM MATCH.
Flickr: wikiwill / Via Creative Commons
No cohesion whatsoever. Ugh.
9. Melbourne has a much nicer skyline to be quite honest.
Flickr: bobarc / Via Creative Commons
10. Even PERTH, with its population of 17, has a way better skyline than Sydney.
Flickr: robertpaulyoung / Via Creative Commons
11. Even the freaking GOLD COAST HAS A BETTER SKYLINE THAN SYDNEY.
Flickr: fran001 / Via Creative Commons