Most families or individuals are overwhelmed by information when it comes to emergency preparedness. There are just hundreds of websites offering tips of emergency preparation, experts giving out advices and authors writing about survival. There are tons of things to learn and do in a short time.
Don't be overwhelmed. Instead, we should be thankful that there are a lot of information in our fingertips, helping us become aware of the situation we can face and giving us advice on how we can avoid that situation.
10 Emergency Preparedness Books You Should Read
If you want to learn how to be prepared for emergencies, then we're giving you top ten books where you can learn how to be prepared.
1. Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe in Crisis. This book provides important advice on what you need to purchase and store for your family which can last for days and even until three months. The book includes 10-steps for creating an affordable food storage program for the household. Tips included in the book are simple and economical, which is important for families.
2. SAS Survival Handbook: For Any Climate, in Any Situation. This is an updated version of the international bestselling SAS Survival Handbook. Campers, outdoor enthusiasts, and hikers can find this book very useful. Readers are taught basic camp craft and navigation to help them cope with natural disasters.
3. Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family. Another useful guide for families who would like to start with emergency preparation. Long term food storage are discussed, as well as firearm selection and use. There are steps provided which can help families face five different and deadly natural disasters, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes and floods.
4. 98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive. Cody Lundin, a naturalist and survivalist, who can be recognized from Discovery Channel's Lost in the Wild and Dual Survival wrote this book. It is both funny and direct in teaching basic survival skills in every scenario the author can cover.
5. How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques and Technologies for Uncertain Time. This book attempts to cover necessary preparation whether it is during a time of terrorist attack, economic downfall, or spread of disease. The book focuses on accumulating the rights supplies to help you survive unfortunate future events.
6. When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need to Survive When Disaster Strikes. Another entertaining and informative book from survivalist Cody Lundin. Provides necessary advice when it comes to basic emergency preparation. The book tackles simple sanitation needs such as lack of toilet paper to dead body disposal.
7. When Disaster Strikes: A Comprehensive Guide for Emergency Planning and Crisis Survival. A thorough and practical guide in preparing for unpredictable events. This book can be easily understood by families who are trying to learn about food storage, first aid, shelter needs, and give valuable advice in building outdoor survival skills by sharing real survival stories.
8. Emergency Preparedness and More: A Manual on Food Storage and Survival. A comprehensive book covering food packing for 3-days and long-term storage, medical supply kits, water purification and creating emergency communication plans during disasters and emergencies.
9. When Technology Fails (Revised & Expanded): A Manual for Self-Reliance, Sustainability, and Surviving the Long Emergency. The book provides valuable information from food storage, providing for shelter and energy needs, and even crisis-management skills. It teaches survival skills and being 'green' which can be both useful during good and bad times.
10. Survive! Essential Skills and Tactics to Get You Out of Anywhere – Alive. Written by Survivorman Les Stroud. The book provides valuable tips on how to survive in the wild, desert, jungle and even during urban disasters. Tips are punctuated with stories to drive the author's point on the value of being prepared.
Why Read These Books and Be Prepared?
There are different types of disasters, which can interrupt our perfectly stable lives, whether it is natural calamities, economic instability, or man-made events. Properties can be damaged, health affected and the entire family can be traumatized by these events.
However, we can avoid or lessen stress and trauma during these events, by being prepared. Emergency preparedness is not only about storing food, water, and necessary supplies. Understanding possible situations and having a plan can help your family cope with the situation, like a meet-up or exit plan.
Involving the family in the entire process of preparing for disasters and emergencies can raise their awareness and help them deal with their fear. In case a natural calamity happens, your family would be prepared on how to handle things.
Best Clickbank Products